The recipe of this pie are as follows:
Ingredient should be prepared:
- 4 refrigerated piecrusts (9"/23 cm size)
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pkg (16 oz/454 g) frozen, chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 pkg (15 oz/425 g) ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup black olives, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheeze, shredded
- Heat oven to 450 oF (232 oC), remove piecrusts from packages and set flat on greased baking sheets.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook for 2 minutes, add spinach and cook until moisture evaporate. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, olives, salt, and pepper. Add cooked spinach mixture.
- Cut tomatoes into thin slices and lightly salt.
- Spoon the spinach and cheese mixture evenly onto the center of the four piecrusts. Fold piecrusts edges up over the filling and pinch into place. Distribute the sliced tomatoes evenly on top of the four pies. Sprinkle each pie with mozzarella. Bake for 20 minutes.